Over New Year’s, I went to Mozambique and Swaziland for 2 weeks with 7 others. We spent about 30 hours on buses to get to our first destination of Tofo, Mozambique, and it was worth it. We played on the beach, went snorkeling with whale sharks and dolphins, danced in the rain on the beach at midnight, stayed in a wildlife sanctuary in Swaziland and saw spectacular lightening storms.
Last summer, I took a quick trip across the border, between Zambia and Zimbabwe, to Victoria Falls, one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
In February, while in Kasane, in Northeastern Botswana, I went on a boat ride on the Chobe River and had my closest encounters with elephants and hippos.
Finally, two months ago, I went on my last safari and saw more wildlife in one trip that I thought possible. It was at Lagoon Camp, close to the Namibian border. There were only 6 tourists there, and several guides, with no other people around for at least a 30 mile radius. We got close to cheetahs, a hyena and cubs, a leopard in a tree with its lunch, and many other animals.
For the full album of photos from Lagoon Camp, click below:





No comments:
Post a Comment